As part of its focus on the environment and sustainability, the Town has collaborated to install EV charging stations in Comox. Members of the public are welcome to use the Town of Comox charging stations as follows:
- Town Hall, 1809 Beaufort Avenue: Located on the back (water) side of Town Hall and open to the public at all times.
- Fire Hall, 1870 Noel Avenue: Open to the public at all times except Tuesdays between 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Comox Centre Mall, 215 Port Augusta Street: Open to the public at all times.
Cost is $1.00 per hour for the first two hours and $2.00 per hour thereafter.
Other local charging stations can be found here: Find a Charging Station
How do I start a charging session or use tap to charge?
There are three ways to start a charging session:
- Tap to charge: With the ChargePoint app installed, you can start a charging session by holding your phone over the reader symbol on the station. Make sure you have the app and are signed in to your account.
iPhone: In the ChargePoint app, go to Menu, select Account and then Manage Cards. Pick "set it up,” add your ChargePoint pass to Apple Wallet and tap your phone on the station to charge.
Android: Enable NFC, turn your phone screen on and tap your phone on the station to charge.
To use tap to charge, you’ll need iPhone 6 or above running iOS 10 or newer, Apple Watch Series 2, Series 1 or 1st generation; or a phone running Android 4.4 or later with NFC.
- Start charging from the app: Choose the station and click the ‘Start Charge’ button.
- Use your ChargePoint card: Just tap your activated ChargePoint card (make sure to activate it) on the card reader symbol on the station.
For instructional videos and helpful tips for drivers/owners please visit: CHARGEPOINT.