Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Members of the public are welcome to use the Town of Comox Charging Stations:
- Town Hall, 1809 Beaufort Avenue – located on the back (water) side of Town Hall and open to the public at all times.
- Fire Hall, 1870 Noel Avenue – open to the public at all times except Tuesdays between 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Comox Centre Mall 215 Port August Comox BC V9M 3M9
Cost is $1.00 per hour for the first two hours, and $2.00 per hour thereafter.
Other local charging stations can be found here: Find a Charging Station
HOW DO I START A CHARGING SESSION OR USE TAP TO CHARGE?
There are three ways to start a charging session:
- Tap to charge. With the ChargePoint app installed, you can start a charging session by holding your phone over the reader symbol on the station. Make sure you have the app and are signed in to your account.
- iPhone: In the ChargePoint app, go to Menu, select Account and then Manage Cards. Pick "set it up,” add your ChargePoint pass to Apple Wallet and tap your phone on the station to charge.
- Android: Enable NFC, turn your phone screen on and tap your phone on the station to charge.
To use tap to charge, you’ll need iPhone SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7 and 7 Plus running iOS 10 or newer, Apple Watch Series 2, Series 1 and 1st generation or Android 4.4 or later with NFC.
- Start charging from the app. Choose the station and click the ‘Start Charge’ button.
- Use your ChargePoint card. Just tap your activated ChargePoint card (make sure to activate it) on the card reader symbol on the station.
For instructional videos and helpful tips for drivers/owners please visit: CHARGEPOINT