The Town of Comox recognizes the value in commemorating local events and/or efforts of not-for-profit organizations and milestones for local business organizations, individuals, and community groups within the Town. These can be recognized by proclamations, flag-raisings, or building light-ups.
Please review the Community Event Recognition Policy CCL-059 (PDF) to understand eligibility requirements and complete the Community Event Recognition Request Form (PDF).
Note: Requests for Town of Comox issued Proclamations must be made in writing using the Community Event Recognition Request Form and must be completed at least four (4) weeks prior to the requested date(s).
Flag Raising Requests
The Town of Comox has a dedicated community flagpole located beside Town Hall to enhance public awareness of local activities such as multicultural events, fundraising initiatives, historical commemorations, celebrations of diversity, civic events, and not-for-profit initiatives that are widely important to Town residents. Flag-raisings can be requested jointly along with Proclamations and Building Light-ups using one Community Event Recognition Request Form.
Building Light-up Requests
In the near future, the Town of Comox will have programmable LED lights installed on Town Hall. These lights will enhance public awareness of local activities that are widely important to Town residents. Building Light-up requests can be made jointly along with Proclamations and Flag-raisings using one Community Event Recognition Request Form.
Approved 2023 Proclamation Requests:
Approved 2022 Proclamation Requests:
- International Bat Week October 24 - 31
- International Overdose and Drug Toxicity Crisis Awareness Day August 31, 2022
- Year of the Garden 2022
- Community Resilience Month May 2022
- Pollinator Week - June 20-26, 2022
- Lyme Disease Awareness Month - May 2022
- Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Month - May 2022
- World Down Syndrome Day March 21, 2022
- RCMP Appreciation Day February 1, 2022
Approved 2021 Proclamation Requests:
- International Overdose Awareness Day August 31, 2021
- Lyme Disease Awareness Month May 2021
- Melanoma and Skin Cancer Awareness Month May 2021
- Chamber of Commerce Week February 16 - 19, 2021
- RCMP Appreciation Day February 1, 2021
Flags at Town Hall will be half-masted on the following days each year:
- April 28: WorkSafeBC Day of Mourning
- June 6: D Day
- September 30: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation Day
- November 11: Remembrance Day