Information and Updates on COVID-19
Town Facilities | Community Centre | Staff Work Plans | COVID-19 Information
Public Access to Town Facilities:
1. Town Hall
- Town Hall is closed to walk-in traffic. Call 250-339-2202 for information.
2. Public Works:
- Public Works is closed to walk-in traffic. Call 250-339-5410 for information.
3. Fire Station
- Fire Station is closed to walk-in traffic. Building is staffed seven days per week from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Call 250-339-2432 for information.
COVID-19 Precautions at the Community Centre:
- Some equipment removed from the Fitness Studio for physical distancing
- New line up for reception customer service
- Reduced indoor classes and/or classes relocated to new spaces for physical distancing
- New facility occupancy limits for programs and facility bookings
- Plexiglass barriers installed at Reception and Fitness Studio staff desk
- Pre-screening of course participants
- Comox Recreation Safe Work Plan December 18 2020.pdf
- Comox Community Centre and Comox Recreation are following the guidelines set out by:
- BC Recreation and Parks Association - BCRPA Guideline for Restarting Operations
- Government of BC - Province Wide Restrictions and Public Health Orders
- WorkSafe BC - Sports & Recreation Returning to Operations
- ViaSport - Return to Sport in BC
- New Provincial Guidelines on Operating Low Intensity Fitness Programs
The British Columbia government declared a provincial state of emergency to support the province wide response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Town of Comox is following the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Provincial Health Officer, the BC Recreation and Parks Association and WorkSafeBC.
COVID-19 is spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes and transmits droplets in the air to another person or from close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands and touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands.
The BC Centre for Disease Control has more information on how COVID-19 is spread, how to stay safe and more.