Information and Updates on COVID-19
Town Facilities | Community Centre | Staff Work Plans | COVID-19 Information
Public Access to Town Facilities:
1. Town Hall
- Town Hall is closed to walk-in traffic. Call 250-339-2202 for information.
2. Public Works:
- Public Works is closed to walk-in traffic. Call 250-339-5410 for information.
3. Fire Station
- Fire Station is closed to walk-in traffic. Building is staffed seven days per week from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Call 250-339-2432 for information.
- Monday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Wednesday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Thursday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Friday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Saturday CLOSED
- Sunday CLOSED
- Statutory Holidays CLOSED
Keeping You Safe at the Community Centre:
We've enacted new protocols to keep everyone safe.
1. Admission is pre-registered only. Go to www.comox.ca/recreation to set up or update your online account and to register online.
2. Online registration starts 48 hours before each fitness time slot. Telephone and in-person registration available during business hours.
3. Each time slot is 75 minutes (with 15 scheduled afterward for cleaning).
4. Registration ends 15 minutes before each time slot.
5. Customers must go through screening and check-in before workout.
6. Online withdrawals available until the start of each time slot. No refunds permitted 15 minutes before each time slot.
7. New admission rates; all membership passes are frozen
8. Saunas, showers and Fitness Studio water fountain are closed
Fitness Studio Monday - Friday Workout Schedule:
- CLOSED FOR CLEANING 11:15am-12 Noon
- 12:00 - 1:15pm
- 1:30 - 2:45pm
Other COVID-19 Precautions at the Community Centre:
- Some equipment removed from the Fitness Studio for physical distancing
- New line up for reception customer service
- Reduced indoor classes and/or classes relocated to new spaces for physical distancing
- Summer programs running outside whenever possible
- New facility occupancy limits for programs and facility bookings
- Plexiglass barriers installed at Reception and Fitness Studio staff desk
- Pre-screening of course participants
Summer Day Camp Programs and COVID-19 Information:
Check out how we're making summer day camps safe and COVID-19 responsive.
COVID-19 Safe Work Plans:
The Town of Comox is following all relevant authorities to ensure the safety of customers and staff. Physical distancing, installation of physical barriers, reduced occupancy levels and other steps have been taken. Safe work and COVID-19 exposure plans are in place for tax payments at the Community Centre until July 3 and opening the Community Centre to the public:
The British Columbia government declared a provincial state of emergency to support the province wide response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Town of Comox is following the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Provincial Health Officer, the BC Recreation and Parks Association and WorkSafeBC.
COVID-19 is spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes and transmits droplets in the air to another person or from close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands and touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands.
The BC Centre for Disease Control has more information on how COVID-19 is spread, how to stay safe and more.