Rezoning & Official Community Plan Amendment

When a proposed development differs from the current land use and density set out in the Town of Comox (Zoning Bylaw 1850), it must go through the rezoning process. If the proposed development also differs from the future land use proposed in the Comox Official Community Plan Bylaw, 2011(PDF) it will also require an Official Community Plan Amendment.

Rezoning and Official Community Plan Amendment

Before you proceed with an application, you should contact the Planning Department staff to discuss your proposal. You should also review the following documents in relation to your application:

In addition to the documents listed above, you should review Landslide and Flooding Hazards for information regarding geotechnical report requirements. If you have any questions regarding whether or not a geotechnical report will be required for your project, please contact the planning department prior to submitting your application.