Stage 2 Watering Restrictions
Posted on Jul 10, 2019
During Stage 2 Restrictions:
A person may only use a sprinkler to water a lawn growing on a property with:
- An even numbered address – On Tuesday and Saturday between the hours of 6 am - 8 am and 8 pm - 10 pm. They may not use a sprinkler to water the lawn on any other day or time
- An odd numbered address – On Wednesday and Sunday between the hours of 6 am - 8 am and 8 pm -10 pm. They may not use a sprinkler to water the lawn on any other day or time.
- Local government may use a sprinkler to water parks, ornamental lawns and grassed boulevards between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am on even numbered days for even numbered addresses and odd numbered days for odd numbered addresses.
An Individual May:
- Water trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables with a sprinkler during the prescribed hours and days for Stage 2 lawn watering and on any day at any time if watering is done using hand-held container or a hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shutoff nozzle.
- Water newly planted trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables by any method during installation and for the following 24 hours.
- Use micro-irrigation or drip-irrigation systems to water trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables at any time on any day.
- Under the authority of a permit, water new sod on installation and during the first 21 days after installation, and water newly seeded lawns until growth is established or for 49 days after installation, whichever is less, with a sprinkler but only during the prescribed Stage 2 lawn watering hours, and at any time if watering is done using a hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle.
- Water all-weather playing fields at any time if failure to do so will result in a permanent loss of plant material.
- Wash exterior windows and building surfaces with water using a hand-held container or hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle.
- Wash a vehicle with water using a hand-held container or hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle and at car dealerships and commercial car washes.
No Person Shall:
- Use water to wash sidewalks, driveways or parking lots except as necessary for applying a product such as paint, preservative or stucco, preparing a surface prior to paving or repointing bricks or if required by law to comply with health or safety regulations.
Exceptions to Stage 2 Restrictions:
- Owners or occupiers of property who, by reason of physical or mental incapacity, are unable to water their property within the restricted days and times, may water their property on one day per week for a maximum of nine hours per day.
- Nurseries, farms, turf farms and tree farms are exempt from the restrictions.
- Local government water parks and pools are exempt from the restrictions.
- Owners and operators of commercial pressure washing companies may use water but only as part of their normal business operations.
- Owners or operators of golf courses may water:
(i) fairways at any time on not more than two days per week;
(ii) trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables grown on golf courses in accordance with Stage 2 sections 1 (d) (i), (ii), and (iii) of this schedule; and
(iii) golf greens and tees on any day if failure to do so will result in permanent loss of plant material.
Report Water Restriction Infractions to either:
- Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD): 250-334-6006
- Town of Comox: 250-339-2202
Stage 3 Water Restrictions Take Effect September 3
Aug 22, 2019
Traffic Advisory: Lazo Road (Colby to Brent)
Aug 21, 2019
Hands on Farm is Closed for the Season!
Aug 20, 2019
Public Notice of Road Marking
Jul 22, 2019
Traffic Advisory: UPDATE Guthrie Road (Pritchard to Linshart)
Jun 27, 2019