A mobile vendor is a person who, from a motor vehicle, trailer or cycle, as defined or licensed under the Motor Vehicle Act, offers for sale food or merchandise, or who advertises or takes orders for goods or services.
If you would like to operate a mobile vending truck, trailer or cart in the Town of Comox, you will need to submit a package of information to Town Hall that includes the following items:
- a Business License application,
- a Parks Use Permit application,
- a Discharge Management Plan,
- photographs of your unit,
- a copy of your motor vehicle registration and insurance (if applicable), and
- a Certificate of Insurance for your commercial general liability insurance.
In addition, you will need to sign an agreement with the Town and pay applicable fees before your business licence can be issued.
For more information, see the TOWN OF COMOX MOBILE VENDING GUIDE or contact Town Hall.