You've Found Your Perfect Fit!
Fitness Studio | Personal Training | Fitness Programs | Heart, Health and Breath Wellness Program | Fitness FAQs |
The Fitness Studio features a wide selection of cardio equipment, free weights, Precor selector weights and more. Come see for yourself why the Comox Community Centre Fitness Studio is the most popular place in the Valley to get fit!
Fitness Studio Hours:
Monday to Friday 6:00am – 9:30pm
Saturday & Sunday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Scheduled Closures and Changes:
December 24, Christmas Eve - Closed at 1pm
December 25, Christmas - Closed
December 26, Boxing Day - Closed
December 31, New Year's Eve - Closed at 4pm
January 1, 2020, New Year's Day - Closed
February 17, Family Day - Closed
April 10, Good Friday - Closed
April 13, Easter Monday - Closed
May 18, Victoria Day - Closed
July 1, Canada Day - Closed
August 3, BC Day - Closed
September 7, Labour Day - Closed
October 12, Thanksgiving Day - Closed
November 11, Remembrance Day - Closed
December 25, Christmas Day - Closed
December 26, Boxing Day - Closed
January 1, 2021, New Years Day - Closed
|10 Visit Card||$61.65||$52.50||$42.75||--|
|1 Month Pass||$73||$61
|3 Month Pass||$149||$119||$99||--|
|6 Month Pass||$249||$197||$154||--|
|3 Month Unlimited Court & Fitness Pass||$209||$159||$139||--|
The fine print...
- 10 Visit Cards: Treat like cash and are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Seniors are 60 years and older
- Students 19 years and older must be enrolled in three or more courses. Student ID and proof of registration must be presented for discount when purchasing passes. Students 12-15 years may use the Fitness Studio:
(1) during Ask A Trainer times (subject to change without notice)
(2) with direct supervision by an adult 19 years and older. Students must identify themselves as under 16 when paying at Reception.
Personal Training Options for Any Fitness Level
Are you ready to start a new fitness program or need to boost your regular routine? Our qualified trainers will design your unique plan. Please complete the following forms once you have booked your session:
$59 + gst/1.5 hour session
Private & Group Sessions:
|Private||$39 + gst/1 hour session|
|Group of Two||$49 + gst/1 hour session|
Do you have special health concerns? A certified trainer will design a fitness program to fit your needs. Call the Community Centre at 250-339-2255 for more information.
$149 + gst/three -1 hour sessions
Do you want the heart-pounding work out of a boot camp, the serenity and centre of yoga or something in between? The Comox Community Centre offers fitness programs for all levels of fitness and
Heart, Health and Breath Wellness Program
Heart, Health and Breath a 8, 10 or 12 week cardiopulmonary exercise and education wellness program for clients with heart, lung and/or other chronic conditions. Supervised classes, in a group setting, focus on cardiovascular health and also include improving muscular strength and endurance, balance, flexibility and functional training to improve daily quality of life. Education topics may include exercise prescription, nutrition, goal setting, mindfulness, stress management, medication and more.
Physician referral is required.
For program information and possible subsidies for low income
- email Chris
- call 250-339-2255
1. I'm a fitness first timer. Do you have a trainer who can show me how to use the equipment?
Our fitness trainer, Glenn Hascarl, is scheduled through the week and is available to answer your questions about training, fitness etiquette, and how to use the equipment. We also offer a self-directed fitness guide for fitness first timers that may be helpful.
2. What should I wear to the Fitness Studio?
Wear running shoes, workout shorts or pants and a loose fitting top. Bring a water bottle if you have it though there is a water fountain in the Fitness Studio.
3. I have a fitness pass but I was very sick and unable to attend. Can I get a time credit applied to it?
There are occasions when passes may be extended because of medical conditions. Contact Reception for more information.
4. What does the "C" mean in front of some programs listed in the recreation guide?
The Community Centre partners with some independent fitness providers/businesses to provide recreation fitness programs. Those programs are indicated by the "C".
5. Can I bring my gym bag into the Fitness Studio? What should I do with my valuables?
The Fitness Studio would be swamped if all our visitors brought their gym bags with them. Please leave them in a locker or in your car. That's the same place you should leave your valuables. And never leave them in an unlocked locker; regretfully your valuables will be stolen. Ask at Reception if you don't have a lock.
6. What about fitness etiquette?
There are some simple rules of etiquette that make sharing a fitness area enjoyable for everyone:
- Let someone share the equipment with you; don't rest on the equipment in between sets.
- Wipe down the equipment when you are done - even if you think you don't sweat! (Hint: everyone does!) Wipes are available in the Fitness Studio and Annex.
- External Personal Trainers, Physiotherapist or Kinesiologists are not permitted to offer their services in the Fitness Studio (paid or voluntary). If you are looking for a Personal Trainer we have certified Trainers on staff that can be used. Contact the front desk for more information.
- Leave your cell phone home at home.
- Put your equipment away using it for the next person.
- We strive to be a fragrance free building. Sharing fitness equipment should not meaning sharing your bottle of AXE or Chanel No. 5, too. Save them for your post work out coffee stop.